Wishing You All a Safe and Happy Mardi Gras
Lenten time is near- There are a selection of Lenten Daily Meditation booklets out for distribution in the narthex. There is no cost for them, and there are several to choose from. There is one that, although meant for families, would also be good for individual use.
ASH WEDNESDAY SERVICES @ FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
- Wednesday, March 1 @ 9am-11am the Program of Hope will have distribution of ashes by pastor Sarah along with a short service in the sanctuary. King cake and coffee will be served after in the narthex of the church. All are Welcome to come.
- Wednesday, March 1 @ 7pm First Presbyterian Church and Metropolitan Church will have a joint Ash Wednesday service in the sanctuary lead by Pastor Alisan of (The Metropolitan Church). All are welcome to come and receive your ashes.
WEEKLY EVENTS AT FPCNO
- 9:30am Adult Bible Study Session room
- (will resume March 5) Children’s Sunday School Room 207
- 11am Sunday Worship Sanctuary
- 6pm-9pm Cuban Salsa Fellowship Hall (Bookoo Rueda all are welcome)
- 1pm-3pm Program of Hope Setup Sanctuary
- 7pm-9pm (Adult Bible Study) Session room (interested in joining Contact Hoy Hughes @ 504-452-5856, email@example.com)
- 7pm-10pm “Big Easy” AA Group Fellowship Hall (Anyone needing guidance is welcome to come)
- 9am-10:30am Program of Hope Sanctuary (worship, and outreach to less fortunate, all are welcome to volunteer or seek help)
- 6pm-7pm Meditation Service Session room
- 6pm-8:30pm Metropolitan Church Fellowship Hall
- 8pm-11pm Tango dancing Fellowship Hall
FEBRUARY SCHEDULE MEETINGS/EVENTS AT FPCNO
- Monday, February 27 – Vamonos Day Camp.
- Tuesday, February 28 – Mardi Gras Day (Church Office CLOSED).
MARCH SCHEDULE MEETINGS/EVENTS AT FPCNO
- Saturday, March 4, 9:00am – Women United in Prayer.
- Sunday, March 5, 2:00 pm – Session meeting.
- Sunday, March 12, after worship service – Congregational meeting to elect deacons to serve for 2018 and presentation of the budget.
- Monday, March 13, 7:00pm – Square Dancing, meet in the Fellowship Hall. All are welcome to come.